Now that we are moving our quicker thoughts, glimpses and lissening notes over to the red light, the blue light becomes the place for our longer thoughts only. The Body and Soul Project, still underway, is the best and maybe the only example of what we gonna be up to.
In upcoming weeks, we'll be working through extended exercises that we will call working through. The all about will remain the same, though. We're gonna make the fabric of what the AEC called ancient to future out of other peoples' threads.
Five starting points:
- James Weldon Johnson, The Book of American Negro Poetry
- Devilin.' This thinking was given to us by Allen Lowe, a heroic anthologist, who proves there is salvation at the crossroads between what we know and the new details we learn.
- Raekwon, Only Built 4 Cuban Links
- Goodie Mob, Soul Food
- OutKast, Aquemini
In the mean time, we'll keep elaborating on the threads we're already playing out:
- Life and Times of Marvin Gaye (what ever happened to that one, anyway).
- Body and Soul
- Versionology. The psuedoscience that the old world likes to label variation on a theme (to be confused w/ fugues and fugue states, conditions it treats with escalating gravity, hoping to cure it w/ copyright and other controls.).