Back here in OPotR. Brushed the dirt of both travel and admin off my shoulders for a day or two, stared into the stacks and found the 'pod pointed to a deep stream. This is cause for two threads. First, as always, is more. Second, is how versioning be.
ONE -- More
The simplest way to get at this is w/ some bullets. I'm not gonna shoot the clip, but the aim is true on these.
- "In Walked Bud," Thelonious Monk. Antipiano version. Or is it the version where the band is the piano?
- "In Walked Bud," Amiri Baraka. Black rage version.
- "In Walked Bud with a Palette," Clarence Major. Chimp eatin' termites version.
- "Blue Skies," Art Tatum. He's the masta versionologist, the refixer, the scientist of the dubscience. He'll steal it from you, sell it back to you and leave you feeling better for the trade. But in't what we're talking 'bout?
- "Blue Skies," Frank Sinatra & Louis Armstrong. Play it on Satch.
- "Blue Skies," Sun Ra, the Lintels. Sing it on Sun.
- "(We've Got) Blue Skies," The Jackson 5. Actually stranger than the Lintels when you listen. When you're off the hits, the J5 is some pretty freaky sh*t. I'm not running it past my family. Are you?
Blue Days, every one of them gone. There's still plenty in the clip and one in the chamber. I'm'a be back on this tip.
TWO -- Versioning
There are about a dozen wotnesses in this house. And someone might say one wotness of this house is to play that dozen into dozens. You following? Good. See, we is Topsy.
Now that's off our chest, we've been about to say that versioning (aka the next number, aka the cover tune, aka the dub) is the way we take was and make it into gonna be again. In other words, it's a way of living.
So when we make a little pile of stones, as we have today, and leave (did we say live, or leaf?) them for you, it enacts that way, just a little bit, so you can pick them up for yourself.
Please feel free to come back by. You can even leave your own stones on the pile. That's the way it works.
P E A C E